Mid West Coast Visitor Information
Mid West Coast, Western Australia - Visitor Information
The Mid West Coast region of Western Australia is a beautiful and diverse area located on the Indian Ocean. With stunning beaches, unique wildlife, and rich cultural history, there is something for everyone to enjoy here.
Things to see and do
- Kalbarri National Park - home to spectacular gorges, cliffs, and rock formations.
- Geraldton - a bustling coastal city with a rich maritime history.
- Northampton - a charming town with beautiful heritage buildings and a lively arts community.
- Ningaloo Reef - a world-renowned coral reef system teeming with marine life.
- The Pinnacles - a unique landscape of limestone pillars and formations.
- Shark Bay - a World Heritage Site home to marine life, unique flora and fauna, and famed for its stunning red cliffs and white beaches.
The Mid West Coast region is easily accessible by car or public transport. The major airport in the region is located in Geraldton, with daily flights from Perth. There are also train and coach services available from Perth.
Where to stay
There are a variety of accommodation options available in the Mid West Coast region, ranging from budget-friendly camping and backpacker hostels to luxury hotels and resorts. Popular places to stay include Geraldton, Kalbarri, and Denham.
Plan your visit
For more information on the Mid West Coast region and to plan your visit, check out the Australia's Coral Coast website or visit the local visitor centres in Geraldton, Kalbarri, and Denham.